7 World Trade Center
250 Greenwich Street, 33rd Floor
New York, New York 10007
212 602 7700

Vermentino Colli di Luni DOC ‘Cavagino’

label image label image

Tasting Notes

The Cavagino, which Bosoni consider their “Cru”, is 100% Vermentino from three of the best vineyards located in the Cavagino area, on the hills close to Sarzana. 48 hours cold maceration on the skins. 60% fermented in stainless steel, 40% barriques.

A rewarding and complex nose with aromas ranging from balsamic to wood notes. Hints of mature fruits: golden apple, William’s pear, Papaya. Becoming honeyed, wet stone, Mediterranean scrub and spices. Full and strong on the palate with great structure, and warm soft notes from the marked minerality. Its remarkable structure makes it suitable to accompany the most substantial dishes of the Ligurian tradition, such as Coniglio alla Ligure (rabbit), chicken cacciatore, stockfish with olives and beans, rich seafood dishes.

- 2017 rated 96 points Luca Maroni – listed as the 3rd Best White Wine in the 2019 Guide.

Winery

Cantine Lunae Bosoni

Region

Liguria

Varietal

100% Vermentino (40-year-old vines)

Location of Vineyards

Hills of Castelnuovo Magra (La Spezia).

Altitude

150/200 meters above sea level

Soil

Stony, rich in texture

Type of Cultivation

Guyot. Vine density is approx 5,000 plants per hectare. Yields be hectare are 70/75 quintals.

Vinification

Manual harvest takes place usually in mid-September with careful selection of the best bunches. Cold maceration (called cryomaceration) on the skins for 48 hours. Fermentation is carried out in stainless steel tanks for 60% of the must, the other 40% is fermented in barrique.

Aging

In stainless steel until bottling in June.

Alcohol Content

14%

Total Production

10,000 bottles

Oenologist

Paolo and Diego Bosoni (Father and son)